Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Bedtime Stories

           One of my favorite parts of the day is the end.  We all pile onto our bed and we read a chapter of a story out loud.  Sometimes Steve reads, sometimes I read.  This all started before Christmas.  I decided to read A Christmas Carol because I had never read it before.  Figuring it would be a fun Christmas tradition for Katherine to listen to, I read it out loud to her.  She didn't always enjoy it and usually ended up falling asleep.  For my birthday Steve bought me a book that contains all of The Chronicles of Narnia.  I've never read those either, if you can imagine that.  It was Steve's idea to continue reading out loud.  (Previously we would look at board books and read picture books to Katherine.)  We've already finished The Magician's Nephew and have started The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe.  It's such a nice relaxing end to the day.  I hope it will foster a love literature in Katherine.

2 comments:

  1. At this point, all Katherine is listening to is your voice. If she falls asleep, it means she comforted by the sound. Reading to her will not only foster a love of literature, but will open up her imagination. Great job, Theresa and Steve, for beginning an awesome family tradition!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Nancy! It's a nice end to our day. It helps us to transition to bedtime.

    ReplyDelete