Saturday, December 10, 2011

Purple Kitchen Becoming Reality

       As many of you know Steve and I have been house-hunting.  We have found the perfect house for us.  Built in 1900 with 4 bedrooms and technically 3 bathrooms (the third is in the basement).  An updated eat-in kitchen and a formal dining room.  It has the fancy woodwork from years past that newer houses lack.  Doesn't this house have me written all over it?  We closed on the house yesterday.  Steve's birthday was Thursday so I like to joke that it's his birthday present.  But in reality, it's a present for both of us.  We've been wanting a house for a long time and are excited to get in.  My parents are coming to help us move and paint.  Nathan is already here to help.  The paint has been purchased along with my stove.  I get a brand new stove!  Although it has been stressful to pick out the appliances, it has been fun too.  I'm excited to see my dream kitchen come together and will be posting pictures as soon as it's done.  It will be nice to finally be able to cook and bake in a big space.  In our apartment, we were always moving things on the counter to make room for something.  It was a hassle and we are so glad to be rid of it.

2 comments:

  1. Email your new address to me...please? I'm so excited to see pictures...especially of that kitchen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so excited for you both! I know that feeling-I still love my kitchen just as much as when we moved in!

    ReplyDelete