Wednesday, September 29, 2010

An Old Favorite


This week was my first week back from vacation. Steve and I went to Rapid City, SD to visit his parents and do some sight-seeing. The vacation was great! I came back refreshed... until Monday when I had to go back to work. All of my work had piled up while I was on vacation... great. I am transferring to a different position effective Monday. I've been trying to balance my training for that position with the work of my current (soon to be old) position and that's just my work life! I had decided that I would bake something for my coworkers my last week with them so that was my goal tonight. I came home and had a Mike's; a girl has to unwind somehow, right? After supper, I started on my famous chocolate chip-butterscotch chip cookies. I've made them a zillion times and never tire of them. The recipe originates from the Nestle Tollhouse chocolate chip cookie recipe but I've modified it over the years. Some of the modifications were for preferences in taste, others due to lack of ingredients. The kicker, butterscotch chips, was an inspiration from my cousin Liz. The butterscotch adds a softness to the flavor of the cookie that's very refreshing... in my humble opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment